Tuesday 21 April 2015

Music lessons go into orbit!

Yesterday, I attended the launch event of Musical Orbit, a website that offers online one-to-one music lessons with top musicians.

Having an occasional hour with a top musician can be a great supplement to someone's ongoing musical training, adding that vital one or two percent of quality and polish that enhances an exam result or concert performance, or makes the difference between success or failure at an important audition.

I know from my own experience that a small piece of advice or an insightful observation from someone successful at the highest levels of professional music making can be immensely valuable.

Here is a personal story of mine that demonstrates what I mean. I was having one of my first lessons with Philip Cannon, who was then Professor of Composition at the Royal College of Music. He made one small comment about my compositions that, as you will see from my story, had a profound effect upon my music making (and approach to things in general):    

 Click Here to read my story.
   
It was very clear from talking with Nicole Wilson (founder of Musical Orbit) that making affordable top quality music lessons easily and widely available to as many people as possible is a passion for her, and it is this passion, plus her many contacts in the musical world, that has made Musical Orbit the success it is.

So, if you are looking for that nugget of insight or wisdom that could make your performances truly memorable (for all the right reasons), why not go into Orbit?    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really like to hear people's views and ideas about music and creativity - just leave a quick message here.