Friday 26 April 2024

жаль (Pity)

 

Death-chilled by the cold tears from grieving willows,

I shiver within a lake of sadness.

 

Soul-burnt by the fierce heat of unforgiving flames,

I writhe within a fire of madness.



Demo Recording

Score

 

Dreams of my brother float far above me,

Tracing ever-changing patterns of regret.

 

I search for my sister who lies far below,

But her gaze I begin to forget.

 

A rose scented songbird stole my brother away…

 

But, unknown, I returned as her lover.

 

Our ignorance was bliss on our wedding night,

But then fate the truth did uncover.

 

I was drowned;

 

I was burnt;

 

Our souls hid away:

Tormented and shunned by the world.

 

Then God took notice, paused fate, and took pity,

And a yellow blue flower unfurled.


I am the yellow of the sun;

 

I am the blue of the lake;

 

And once more the world grants us room.

 

I am Kostroma;


And I am Kupalo;


And together, as one, we bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really like to hear people's views and ideas about music and creativity - just leave a quick message here.