If you ever need to stimulate and excite your thinking (and in the process uncover new and creative ideas) quicken what you do:
- Use "Yes or No Meetings". At the beginning of these meetings, attendees vote for or against any decisions that need to be made. After this initial voting, the provisional decisions are reviewed and either confirmed or changed.
- Ask people to make quick selections of solutions (or causes of problems) and then review the selections made.
- Set short and challenging time limits for brainstorming and other activities.
- Sketch a quick and simple outline, picture or diagram of a problem or solution.
- Create a sense of urgency by emphasising the necessity for quick and effective action.